Waiting for you

Waiting for you

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stall . . . and Prophetic Words?

This summer we set a goal to have all of our paperwork done before school started. . . . OOPS!  :) School started 6 weeks ago, so everything has been on hold as we try to find our feet with school and soccer in session!  All of the paperwork is done except for getting a will, proof of Ginger's vaccinations, and paying the application fee. :)  We will be having a yard sale very soon and silent auction in the months to come to start raising funds.  (I'd love some creative ideas to add to our list of fund raisers!)

This stall in the process was very frustrating to me at first.  I was (and am still) SWAMPED with school work in my own first grade classroom, then managing three children in two different schools is no easy task! :)  One might think it would be a relief to postpone adding more children to this chaos!  But, my heart LONGS for these children I don't yet know by name!  Even in the midst of the craziness, I find myself counting my kids when we are out and about to see if they are all accounted for and feeling like someone is missing when the final count is 4.  Around the table at dinner, as crazy and loud as it is, there are definitely two faces missing from the line up!  But there are just not enough hours in the day to get to everything. . .   As I pray through thoughts of disappointment and frustration, asking the Lord to show me how to get more done, speed up the process, just move on . . . He gently reminds me that His timing is perfect and that He has a good and perfect plan. . . .

During our Bible story time a few weeks ago, our 5 year old was praying, listing all of our names, and then he added, "and thank you for my brothers, or sisters, or brother and sister in Africa.  God, thank you that you already know who they are, even though they're not with us, and even though they might not be born yet."  I have felt for some time that we were to adopt an older child, and as much as I love babies, I have already had 4!  I had sort of put it out of my mind that we might have another infant in our home.  Yet, both Chann and I LOVE the baby stage, and our children, especially Evy, are somewhat obsessed with babies!  So, after Asher's prayer, I wondered, "Could this stall in the process be part of God's plan?  Part of Him working out the timing so that we are ready at exactly the right time?"  Perhaps one of our future children is not born yet, but the Lord already knows his or her name, the exact time and place of his or her birth, and exactly how he plans to bring our children home to us!  Praise the Lord, for He is good!  He is faithful, gracious, and merciful, even in my impatience, frustration, disappointment, and stubbornness!  God, keep reminding me that You are in control!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! Waiting on the Lord is probably my least favorite thing to do- ever. Yet we all have to remember:
    "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance -2 Peter 3:8-10.

    Esther was prepared for months and months and months "for such a time as this" to accomplish the Lord's will. I pray he gives you the patience and grace you will need to wait on Him.

    So blessed by your family!

    ReplyDelete